Meet Dr. Munir Kureshi DVM
Even as a teenager, Dr. Kureshi knew he wanted to have a career that involved caring for animals. Pursuing his dream, he graduated from Bombay Veterinary College in 1987.
He served internships at Animal Medical Center, New York City’s largest animal care facility, and at the University of Missouri-Columbia, School of Veterinary Medicine. He has also held several externships, which include the University of California Davis School of Veterinary Medicine, and clinics in Chicago, Illinois and Boulder, Colorado.
After moving to the Bay Area, Dr. Kureshi worked at several animal hospitals and an avian clinic in Los Gatos before acquiring Cupertino Animal Hospital in 1994.
Dr. Kureshi assists the efforts of local, non-profit animal rescues. By providing these rescue groups with lower cost medical assistance and spay/neuters, he helps give homeless animals a chance at a better life.
Leading The Way
As a leader in veterinary medicine, Dr. Kureshi is always looking at the latest advances in veterinary medicine to provide his patients with the safest and best care.
Dr. Kureshi was the first veterinarian in the Silicon Valley to offer an alternative to general surgery by bringing the benefits of laser surgery to his practice. This results in less pain, less bleeding, less swelling, and a quicker recovery for his patients. Additionally, he was the first veterinarian in the Silicon Valley to use video otoscopy which allows for more accurate diagnosis and treatment.
- Improved management of otitis, upper respiratory and lower urinary tract disease using rigid endoscopy, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine
- Endoscopic Ear Surgery and Current Advances in Otology
- Endoscopic Ear Surgery and Current Advances in Otology 2017 Symposium Agenda
- AAO-HNSF Annaul Meeting & OTO Experience 2017
- International Society for Otitis Media: 19th International Symposium on Recent Advances in Otitis Media
- 7th Annual Seattle Otology & Rhinology Course 2017
- Respiratory Endoscopy Lab at University of Illinois, College of Veterinary Medicine
Dr. Munir Kureshi has received advanced training from:
- American Academy of Otolaryngology
- Association For Otitis Media
- Colorado State University College of Veterinary Medicine
- European Academy of Otology & Neuro-Otology
- Harvard Medical School
- Seattle Science Foundation
- University of Minnesota
Dr. Kureshi was in Harvard with his endoscopic surgery counterparts at the beginning of April 2017. He certainly stands out in blue!
Pets And Family
Dr. Kureshi resides in the Bay Area with his wife, two kids and their menagerie of pets.
When he’s not in the clinic, you can usually find Dr. Kureshi with a camera in hand. An avid nature photographer, Dr. Kureshi’s photographs can be seen hanging from the walls throughout our clinic. You can also view more of his work at mkphotogallery.com.
"Dr. Kureshi was the first veterinarian in the Silicon Valley to offer an alternative to general surgery by bringing the benefits of laser surgery to his practice [and the] first veterinarian in the Silicon Valley to use video otoscopy [allowing] him to more accurately diagnose and treat his patients. "