Veterinary Laser Surgery
Quicker Recovery For Your Pets
At Cupertino Animal Hospital, your pet’s health is as important to us as it is to you. We are pleased to provide laser surgery for soft tissue procedures.
Did you know? Cupertino Animal Hospital was the first veterinary practice in the Silicon Valley to introduce laser surgery. You can feel confident that your pet’s laser surgery is in experienced hands.
Why Veterinary Laser Surgery?
- With soft tissue procedures, the laser provides a better alternative to the scalpel in traditional surgery.
- Benefit:: Less painful for your pet
- The laser seals nerve endings as it "cuts." As a result, your pet will experience reduced trauma, less pain and be more comfortable post operatively.
- Benefit:: Less bleeding for your pet
- The laser seals small blood vessels during surgery. This speeds many procedures, reducing the time your pet needs to be under anesthesia, which further reduces possible complications.
- Benefit:: Less swelling for your pet
- The veterinary laser energy does not crush, tear or bruise tissue because the only thing that touches your pet is an invisible beam of light.
- Benefit:: Reduced risk of infection
- As the laser removes diseased tissue, it seals the skin and reduces the amount of bacteria present.
- Benefit:: Precision
- The laser can remove unhealthy tissue while minimizing adverse effects to healthy surrounding tissue.
- Benefit: Quicker return to normal activities
- Because there is less trauma, there is less post-operative discomfort and a better course of healing.
To find out if your pet’s procedure can benefit from laser surgery, call to speak with Dr. Kureshi or our staff (408) 252-6380.