To prevent pet ear problems it’s helpful to know some of the many causes to better avoid them.
Some of the most common reasons for ear problems include:
- Water going in ears. Like when a pet gets a bath, or playing in the water in the yard, creek, lake, pond, beach etc.
- Soapy water going in the ears while getting a bath at home or at the groomers.
- Food allergies
Things to avoid:
- Keep your pet away from foxtail fields.
- Keep your pet away from other pets with ear mites.
- Stay away from chigger infested areas.
Having routine pet ear exams can help catch ear problems early and prevent a more severe and chronic ear problem down the road.
READ MORE FAQs