Accessibility View Close toolbar

Some Peanut Butters are Toxic to Dogs!

Before you give your dog a pill with peanut butter, please read the ingredient labels and make sure it does not contain xylitol.


Xylitol is highly toxic to dogs. Even a small amount eaten by a dog will cause a dangerous drop in glucose causing weakness and a lack of coordination, seizures, coma, permanent liver failure and even death.

What to do if you think your dog has eaten xylitol?


If your dog eats any quantity of any xylitol containing product, please contact a pet poison control hotline right away and they'll be able to guide you as to what to do next.


ASPCA Poison Control Hotline: (888) 426-4435

Learn more

http://www.preventivevet.com/dogs/lesserknownpettoxicitiesxylitoltoxicityindogs

Our Locations

Office Hours

Business Hours

Monday:

7:30 am-6:00 pm

Tuesday:

7:30 am-6:00 pm

Wednesday:

7:30 am-6:00 pm

Thursday:

7:30 am-6:00 pm

Friday:

7:30 am-6:00 pm

Saturday:

9:00 am-1:00 pm

Sunday:

Closed